OK This is for anyone using Windows XP.
I tried it myself and I saw a noticeable increase. Use this link as a test file to test your speed. Test File 600MB
01. Log on as “Administrator”.
02. Run – gpedit.msc
03. Expand the “Local Computer Policy” branch.
04. Then expand the “Administrative Templates” branch.
05. Expand the “Network” branch.
06. Highlight the “QoS Packet Scheduler” in left pane.
07. In the right window pane double-click the “Limit Reservable Bandwidth” setting.
08. On the settings tab check the “Enabled” item.
09. Change “Bandwidth limit %” to read 0.
10. Then go to your Network connections Start=>Control Panel>Network & Internet connections>Network Connections and right-click on your connection. Then under the General or the Networking tab, (where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.
Make Sure to reboot.